JOB REF: DRIVER/UMFBHRD/03/18
Under the direct supervision of the HR & Administration Officer, the Driver will be responsible for supporting all logistics processes, including delivering, purchasing, transport, as well as the related administrative procedures for Uwezo Microfinance Bank.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support staff movements as may be required and in close liaison with the HR & Administrative Officer and to manage movement schedules.
- To run errands including collection and delivery of mail, official documents, etc.
- To keep the vehicle assigned to him/her clean and road-worthy.
- To refuel the vehicle whenever necessary or when the level gets below half of the tank capacity.
- To ensure the safe parking, whenever possible outside Uwezo Microfinance premises, of the vehicle at night, during breaks and when it is not in use.
- To verify the presence at all time in the car of the vehicle log book, the tools and spare parts as mentioned and signed for by him/her in the log book, a complete first aid kit and spare tires in good condition.
- To support the Logistics team with obtaining the quotations and other related documentation.
- To carry out logistics duties relating to stores, loading and offloading of the vehicle considering the maximum capacity, distribution, etc.
- To provide timely information of vehicle maintenance and to ensure that repairs are done on time at all times; carry out routine checks of oil, water and battery fluids and to ensure that vehicles are road worthy and mechanically sound.
- To ensure that all the necessary documents are available and up to date in the vehicle i.e Insurance
Vehicle log Book, tool kit, spare parts, spare tires, first aid kit and fire extinguisher)
To be aware of radio procedures and operations.
- To be aware at all times of the security guidelines for the related journey.
- To ensure that vehicles are prepared for all official journeys.
- Before any journey is undertaken to ensure that all persons aboard the vehicle understand the radio operations and understand the security guidelines for the related journey.
- To adhere to Uwezo rules and regulations governing the management of vehicles (report any misuse, accident and/or damage involving Uwezo vehicles; drive at speed limit of 80 Km/Hour and drive with consideration for safety of passengers; correctly maintain the vehicle with details of each journey; refuel the vehicle whenever it is necessary, or when the level gets below half tank; keep vehicle assigned to him/her clean and road worthy; parking the vehicle in secure and safe places at all times).
- To immediately report any technical failure or damage and need for maintenance to the appropriate member of staff, and to note details in the vehicle log book.
- To keep track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, in order to make sure that servicing is performed in time.
- To accurately fill in the vehicle log book after performing service checks and/or repair activities to the vehicles.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A valid Kenyan driving license.
- Knowledge of road safety and car maintenance
- Ability to drive a range of vehicles
Knows well Nairobi town and its environs
- At least five (5) years of experience as a professional driver.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics and workings of vehicles.
- Good communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to represent Uwezo MFB to visitors and knowledge of Uwezo MFB and its work.
- Ability to manage own time and oversee basic processes.
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Proactive and risk mitigation drive.
- Self-confidence, maturity and ability to co-operate with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Personal commitment to working as reliable, honest, and trustworthy member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and able to cope with difficult conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download the job application form attached in the website and send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org .The applications should reach us on or before 31st March 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.